Jonesboro High School students to travel abroad

By Eric Watson

Jonesboro High School students have the opportunity to spend their 2019 spring break in Europe.

The trip consists of three days in London, followed by a train ride to Paris for two days, followed by a flight to Madrid, and lastly a flight home.

Ms. Kirstyn Wyatt, lead sponsor of the trip, is excited to take kids to Europe.

“I love the culture. Spain is very different from the U.S. They are very relaxed and enjoy life. They eat lunch late, and they even work late in the day.” Wyatt said, “I told a neighbor in Spain that I was tired, and he told me ‘Honey, I will sleep when I’m dead. Right now I’m alive, and I need to live it to the fullest.’

Pictured from left to right are Michael Wyatt, Kirstyn Wyatt, Keerthi Harikrishnan, Kierra Crenshaw, Noah Crenshaw and Stacey Blaxton.

“People here are very busy, but in Spain I feel like I have time to slow down,” Wyatt added.

Along with culture, Wyatt wants her students to try tortilla, calamari and paella, which are all authentic Spanish foods.

Not only will the students eat authentic food and travel on trains, planes and other automobiles, but they will also see several popular sites.

Students will get a tour of every city, but they also will see sites like Big Ben, St. Paul’s Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower and Toledo Cathedral.

Students are ecstatic about the trip.

Christina Moody, student at JHS, is preparing to go on the trip.

She looks forward to “looking at all the historical buildings and castles in Paris,” as well as going to London.

Moody said the trip is a good opportunity to travel because it is cheaper than traveling to Europe on your own.

“I signed up to go to Europe because I thought I might not get to take a trip like this again, and I want to travel before I start my life,” Moody said.

To find out more information about the trip, contact Wyatt or go to tinyurl.com/EuroCane to see the itinerary.